CITY OF BUSHNELL
PRESS AND MEDIA RELEASE
March 20, 2020
Jody Young, City Manager
In light of the recent actions by the President of the United States, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Governor of the State of Florida, and the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the City of Bushnell is actively responding to the threat of COVID-19. As a City, we are working closely with Sumter County and with the Florida Department of Health, who in turn is working closely with the CDC to determine the best course of action for the City of Bushnell, employees, businesses, citizens, and visitors.
At this time, City services are operational, although there could be changes as the health, safety and welfare of the community change with the development of the Coronavirus. The City encourages everyone to observe the CDC and Florida Department of Health guidelines, and are advised to monitor news outlets for information and COVID-19 transmission, to review available information and understand the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, to encourage the practice of personal protective measures such as frequent hand sanitizing or hand washing with soap for 20 or more seconds, and to monitor the City and County emergency operation plans.
We encourage people to contact City departments by phone or email to report or express any concerns you may have.
- City Hall and services are open to drive through window service only.
- All Public Works services will remain in place, including refuse collection.
- Permitting is open through the City Hall drive through only, however please call (352) 793-2591 and speak with Jerry Rodriguez first.
- We encourage all citizens to seek assistance via phone, online or through email when possible.
- Building inspection services will continue, but could change based on current situations.
- All public events are cancelled or postponed through April 30th or possibly longer.
- The Bushnell Community Center is closed through April 30th or possibly longer.
- Bushnell City parks will remain open, but all park restroom facilities are closed.
Florida Department of Heath Website: http://www.floridahealth.gov/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website:https://www.cdc.gov/
Sumter County Emergency Management Website: https://sumtercountyfl.gov/718/Emergency-Management